We are looking for Data Engineers to work with large sets ofstructured and unstructured data in order to logically model and group themwhich would be used to create business insights for our customers. Beingexposed to data from multiple different industries and functions, thecandidates are expected to work with multiple sources of data as well as tocollaborate with related functions such as Data visualization.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a passion fordata as well as having a sound technical background on the subject. Criticalthinking and problem-solving skills are essential for this role.
· Develop, Construct, Testand maintain Data Bases and Large-Scale Processing Systems
· Ensuring Data BaseArchitecture will support business requirements
· Discovering DataAcquisition opportunities
· Developing Processes forData Modeling, Mining and Production
· Create and maintainoptimal data pipeline architecture,
· Assemble large, complexdata sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
· Optimizing data delivery& re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
· Build the infrastructurerequired for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data froma wide variety of data sources
· Work with data andanalytics experts to strive for greater functionality in customer data systems.
· Propose solutions andstrategies to business challenges
· Collaborate with DataScience and product development teams
· Proven experience as a Data Engineer
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working withrelational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines,architectures and data sets is an added advantage
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructureddatasets.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures,metadata, dependency and workload management.
· A successful history of manipulating, processing and extractingvalue from large disconnected datasets.
· Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, andhighly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams ina dynamic environment.
· Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
· Experience with object-oriented/object function scriptinglanguages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
· Excellent communicationand presentation skills
· BSc/BEng in ComputerScience, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Engineering orBig Data or other quantitative field is preferred